Lauren specialises in property litigation and assisting businesses with debt recovery and resolving other potential disputes. She worked in various property management positions in mixed-use developments in the North, West Midlands and Wales for 16 years before completing her legal qualifications.
Since 2015 Lauren has worked for large scale landlords across the country resolving high value residential and commercial property management issues for clients such as Longharbour, Countrywide, Galliford Try and Crest Nicholson. Lauren’s experience in property litigation also includes social housing and private tenancy issues and possessions.
Lauren also specialises in providing advice and assistance to businesses. She has a wealth of experience and a great track record with commercial debt recovery for claimant and defendant and income maximisation as well as dealing with director and shareholders’ disputes.
Examples of Lauren’s experience include:
- High-value complex defended debt recovery in the County Court and First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Recovery of legal costs of tens of thousands of pounds through the detailed costs assessment procedure.
- Successfully defending a joint application for a determination of the service charge and application to appoint a manager.
- Successful Part 7 claim for recovery of judgments covering 15 county court claims, 2 First-tier Tribunal decisions and updated debt. Recovery of £30,000 legal costs.
- Successfully abated nuisance from a tenant with chronic mental health issues.
- Abatement of nuisance using management company’s Articles of Association.
- Successfully defending S20 applications at the First-tier Tribunal Property Chamber.
- Successful recovery of unpaid invoices whilst maintaining clients relationship with their customer.
Areas of Expertise:
- Business debt recovery
- Business income maximisation policy and procedure
- Landlord and Tenant Law
- Property management and lease compliance
- Section 20 consultations
- Qualifying long term agreements
- S146 possession claims
- S121 proceedings
- S8 possession claims
- S21 possession claims
- County Court claims for debt recovery
- First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Neighbour disputes and anti-social behaviour
- Debt recovery enforcement
- Recovery of property